Welcome to Informačné centrum Európsky dom   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to Informačné centrum Európsky dom Powered By GSpeech
  1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer

The Saint Martin's cathedral

The cathedral was build from 1245 to 1275. According to the architecture it was solved as a three ship basilica whit two towers but without a cross ship
–Transept –. In the middle of 14th century was the chapels Corporis Christi build to the church in its south part. It has been removed while building of the Zapolsky funeral chapel unfortunately by the year 1488. During the time from 1462 until 1468 was a rebuilding of the cathedral from roman to gothic which was planned by the provost for a long time finally realized. By the rebuilding was the church also build two times higher than it was before. In the period 1777 – 1779 was the cathedral changed in baroque style.

Go to Top Click to listen highlighted text! Powered By GSpeech